[image credit: Netflix]
In this second special episode of the Team Friendship podcast, we review the second episode of Anne with an E!
- More behind the scenes tidbits from Lauren
- We learn an interesting fact about the episode titles!
- We delve deeper into the music of Anne with an E
- Helen Shaver, the director of this episode, appears in a film that holds a special place in Lauren’s heart
- We all love Mr. Avery the milkman
- Several actors in Anne with an E have done work in other Anne of Green Gables adaptations.
- Mr. Barry, the Barbie movies, and Lauren’s diverse interests
- The importance of this episode and why we think it strays from the plot of the book
- Anne’s discernment
- Shady man at the train station vs. Mr. Avery the milkman
- “I can’t go back there”
- Marilla’s anxiety and persona
- Matthew’s love and perseverance
- Talking to the horse
- Society’s view of the Church and her people
- We discuss the remarks made by the townspeople at the church picnic
- Marilla’s apology and the importance of adults admitting to children when they are wrong
- Signing the Bible
- Break out the raspberry cordial!
Links related to this episode:
Interview with Ari Posner and Amin Bhatia: https://www.agentsofgeek.com/2017/06/composers-amin-bhatia-and-ari-posner-discuss-their-anne-with-an-e-score/
Stream 2 tracks from the first episode of Anne with an E: https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/05/exclusive-stream-two-tracks-from-amin-bhatia-ari-posners-score-for-netflixs-anne-with-an-e/
*We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.